Saturday 1 October 2016

Barbara Yung’s letters part 2: LOCH 1983

Barbara shooting her first LOCH scene with Felix Wong

Last month I promised that I’d post some letters of Barbara Yung regarding her experience with the Legend of Condor Heroes 1983. Apologies for taking so long, but I finally am able to sit down and copy her letters from Rob Radboud’s site.

Reading her letters again reminding me how beautiful she was, in and out. She was caring, loving and sensitive. The letters you’ll read below doesn’t only talk about LOCH 1983 of course, and there you’ll see how she cared for her family, in this case her mother, her uncle and Shela, her uncle’s partner (later wife). She also cared for her other friends, that they didn’t have enough money etc. I also found out that her family lived in Cambridge in 1982 (Letter 12 August 1982). Do they still live there now? For some reasons, I wonder whether they have moved out...

As for LOCH, Barbara did her audition on 13 August 1982 (Letter 12 August 1982). She had always wanted to do an ancient drama, so she was excited about her audience. However, since she had the audition for the most important role in the series, the announcement was not made until mid November (Letter 19 November 1982). She was of course very excited about it, but then she was also worried whether she’d be able to fill Michelle Yim’s shoes (Mie Shieh or Michelle Yim played as Wong Yung in LOCH 1976)(Letter 13 March 1983). 


In the same letter, Barbara also told her family about a person (XXX) who talked behind her back, saying that Barbara was an arrogant person. That was sad... I think people could indeed misunderstand Barbara’s silence with arrogance...although in reality, she could be insecure at times (from her letters – don’t we all...). In April 1983, Barbara told her family that she didn’t like Wong Yung (also in the May 1983 letter). She said that her Wong Yung was more quick-tempered than the novel version. She decided that she wouldn’t “take Wong Yung as my masterpiece, because I have other preference, I'm sure I'll have another role suit me more than Wong Yong, to be my masterpiece” (Letter April 1983). In the same letter, Barbara also mentioned Michael Miu (she called him "Ah-Miu") for the first time, relating that his Yeung Hong was not as bad as the novel version. 

Barbara in the Legend of the Unknown


Barbara also told her family about her first role in the ancient drama, i.e. the Legend of the Unknown (“13th Sister”)(Letter September 1982). I didn’t realise that Kent Tong was also in this series... perhaps that was when they eventually fell in love? It seems by March 1983, they were already dating, so I assumed they had started dating back during the LOCH shooting. The series also had Sharon Yeung there, so LOCH 1983 was not the first time Barbara met Sharon then (I already knew that she was paired with Simon Yam here).
Last but not least, in the May 1983 letter Barbara relayed that she’d go to Europe in late June for 10 days, including one night in London. Among her group were Felix Wong and Leslie Cheung. It’s somehow nice to know that Barbara and Leslie were once in the same traveling group... did they talk a lot?

Below are Barbara’s letters pertaining LOCH 1983. I enjoyed reading them, I hope you too!


-xxx-


Dear mommy & uncle,

   Haven't heard from you all for quite awhile, I know you all must be busy. The holidays are coming, what do you plan to do? It's extremely hot in HK now. Sometimes, it's over 30 degree & I would rather stay home, however, when I need to work outside, I have no choice. People said I am lucky, whenever I need to work outside; it's either getting cooler or taking places in some restaurant. Indeed, I have tried so many famous restaurants in HK while working. Anyway, I will go casting tomorrow, & I might have chance to work in an ancient drama. I really hope that I will get the offer since I am longing to work in ancient dramas. The ancient drama is "The Legend of Condor Hero". Last time, I didn't get the offer of a youngster drama due to the conflict of image. Indeed, I missed many valuable opportunity due to my serious image as the host in "Woman New Look". Since the target of audience of "Woman New Look" is middle age women, I must present a sophisticated & graceful image, so I cannot work for many jobs which are in conflict to my image. The producer Chan Bo Chui indeed values me so much. In fact, I value the casting tomorrow so much too, since this is a good chance for development in other field. Though being a host is good, I personally love acting more. Anyway, I am fine, don't worry.

   Haven't heard from uncle for a long time, how are you doing? How's the weather there? Really want to know how you are doing, & I miss you & mommy much! Hope that everything works great to you all. How about you & Ah Mui? Any news? Also, Ling Chi wrote me twice time. Perhaps she haven't received my letter for awhile, she wrote a letter to Mr Ching who is the teacher of the drama training course & asked him to help me whenever I needed ! Indeed, I knew Mr Ching long time ago, & I attend his class twice nights a week. I really don't know what Ling Chi is thinking! However, I have written Ling Chi a letter & thanked for her kindness. Please pretend as if you never heard of this before, since I don't want Ling Chi to get mad at me. Maybe she mainly wants to know how I am doing.

    Friend of mine will go to Cambridge two weeks later, & I will ask her to bring you something. Let you know of the details later.  Mommy, is your health getting better? Please don't worry too much. You & uncle must take good care! I will send you some of my news clippings next time. Also, please express my greeting to father. BTW, my boss still writes me sometimes, & once she even drew a crying flower & told me how she missed me! We are still very good friend, & she is a very nice person. I will send back a check to her later.

(P.S: I wrote this letter on a TVB vehicle when I worked, so please excuse my messy writing.)

Love, Lui Lui

12th August, 1982

 恨做古裝恨到發燒/吃遍香港名店~82/08/12 Long to act in ancient drama

親愛的媽咪、舅舅:

沒有你們的來音,相信家中很忙,很快要放大假,你們打算去哪兒散心,香港的天氣真是熱得要命,有時三十多度時真不願出街,但如要拍外景,也不由我,可是他們都我很幸運,是個食神每次外景不是天涼便去拍介紹食野,香港的名店名菜都被食過。不過,明天我要去試鏡,可能被派做古裝片,自己很希望試鏡成功,因我恨做古裝恨到發燒,這長劇是無線的(射鵰英雄傳),上次試的(青春劇)因形象問題,又不準拍,我做的(婦女新姿)的形象可把我弄死,因多是婦人看的片集,故要保持莊重和斯文,所以很多事都不能做,監製陳寶珠可算睇得我很重啊!明天的試鏡對我本人來是很重要的,是一條新路的發展,做司儀不是不好,而是自己比較喜歡做戲,一切尚好,請不用擔心。

很久沒有舅的來音,可好?你那兒的天氣如何?很希望知道你的近況,很掛念你和媽咪,但願一切安好,你和亞妹怎樣?有沒有新事件發生?靈芝來信二次,或許她見我沒回信,竟寫信去訓練班的程老師,藉問候我,叫程老師多多幫忙我,其實我早已識程老師,並且每星期兩夜去上堂,真耐她不來,我已回信客氣答謝,你也當作不知此事算了,無謂開罪她,或許她是想知道我的近況如何啦!

兩星期後有人去劍橋,我會托他帶東西給你們,到時再通知你,媽咪的身體好些嗎?一定要免得東煩西煩,妳和舅舅都要事事小心啊!下次我會寄些有關我的畫報給你。請代問候老豆,老板仍有寫信給我談天,還畫有一小花灑淚呢!很不捨得我,但我們是好朋友,她真是大好人,遲些我要寄回二期糧錢給她。

祝 身心安康
(出外景時在公司車上寫的,故字體很亂)                                                            女兒 囡囡上
                                                                                                                 八二年八月十二日寄出

-xxx-


Dear mommy & uncle,

   You should have received the stuff my friend brought along, shouldn't you? Hope that you like them & they fit well. Especially the tee-shirt for Daddy, I hope that it fits well & not too big for him. How's my appearance as Wong Yung? Since this role is very important, TVB is still trying to determine the most suitable one, & so the outcome is still not known yet. Thus, the production of this drama will be postponed until November. Indeed, there is nothing I can do about it now. All I can do is just hope for the best & prepare for the worst. After all, timing, opportunity & luck are very important in the entertainment field.

   It's said that " Whatever you expect stays away from you, & whatever you unexpect searches for you". When I first came back to HK, I could not get in touch with Ting Hoi Waw. However, I ran into her accidentally when I worked out in Causeway Bay couple days ago.  She was very happy to see me, & she said she could not believe the number participant in Miss HK was me. I got her phone number for contact in the future. I heard that she is a tour guide for a Japanese tour & she is still single, indeed, she is a bit fatter than last time I met her. Most likely I will date her next week, & I will give her the leather bag you gave her. We will definitely talk more next time.

   Time really flies by, & I have been working in TVB for two months. When I am happy, I am quite satisfied with what I have so far. Within two months, I finished two Advertisements. Also, some people have invited me to act in their films, though TVB turned the offers down. However, whenever I am happy, I feel lost & worried. Perhaps I still do not have chances to act in dramas, I am afraid that I will not have chances to acquire what I want. Though people keep saying that since I have just worked for two months, I can not expect to achieve everything. In fact, there are many people who spent many years in this field & still have nothing. However, I am still worried, since I don't have time & I can't waste my time in this field for nothing. Things are really uncontrollable in this field, & you need to spend at least a year to find out where you stand in here. Therefore, I am very lost. Also, some people said I am not suitable for this field, since I am too naive. Anyway, I have decided to give myself half a year to try.

   How's the sale? It's really hot in HK, but I think the weather in UK should be great, right? Mommy, you seemed to be angry when I talked with you over the phone last time. I told you many times before, please take everything easy & don't worry too much. We just have a few family members, so why can't we share our heart openly with others? After all, we have been together for many years! Please be patient & yield to each other, & don't worry too much! Indeed, all of us love you very much.

   Uncle, how's your relationship with Ah Mui? Please be honest! Also, if you need somebody to talk to, don't hesitate to reach me. Indeed, all of us care about you, even Hoi Waw asked me about you. Also, please don't argue with mommy. This is her personality, & everybody knows that well! She will be fine after a short while. Please take good care & be cautious, & please express my greeting to father.

Love, Lui Lui
31st August, 1982


 我不適合這個圈子/心感到徬徨~82/08/31 Not suitable for this field
親愛的媽咪、舅舅:

相信朋友托帶的東西已收到,希望你們喜歡和合適,尤其父親的T恤,希望合身和不太大便好了,至於黃蓉的扮相如何?因這角色太重戲和重要,公司仍在研究誰最適合,故還是下落不明,此戲要推到十一月才開拍,一切只有各安天命,也不容我來急,做這行,天時、地利、人和比甚麼都重要。

「有心栽花花不發,無心插柳柳成蔭」。回港的時候,無法找到鄧藹和,誰知前日因拍外景,竟在銅鑼灣碰上她。她非常開心見到我,不大相信六號翁美玲就是我,留下電話遲日和她去飲茶,聽聞她在日本旅行團做導遊,仍未結婚,比上次見她時胖了小小,下星期定會叫地出來,把你的小皮手袋送予,到時才詳談她的近況。

不覺已在無線做了二個月。開心的時候,便覺得自己一切已算不錯;才二個月,已做了二個告白,又有人請拍戲,雖然無線同我推了,不準拍,但不開心的時候,便會感到徬徨、矛盾,或許未有機會做話劇,便害怕自己不能爬起來,雖然有人安慰只做了二個月,難道真是一飛沖天嗎?很多人多年都不能出頭呢?可是我並不因此而放心,因為我沒有時間,我不能白白放幾年在這圈子裡,但這行真是「身不由己」,一定要有一年半載才摸到自己站在甚麼位置,所以便感到徬徨,亦有人我不大適合這個圈子,因為太純了!不論怎樣,也該給自己半年的嘗試機會啊!

生意好嗎?香港的天氣熱得要命,相信你那邊也該是好天氣,聽媽咪的電話,看來很勞氣,過很多次,你甚麼事也該看化和少操心,不要事事都看不開,家中人口少,有甚麼不可以呢?我們都相處這麼多年。大家一人少一句便算了,不要胡思亂想才是,我們都錫妳的。
舅舅你和亞妹究竟有沒有下文呢?希望你能老實和我傾傾,有甚麼事不怕和我啊!大家都很關心你,藹和也不停問及你的近況,你和媽咪就少吵兩句,她的脾氣是這樣的,全世界人都知啦!過後她便沒事,希望你自己多多保重和小心,請代問候父

親!                                                                                                   女兒 囡囡上
                                                                                                                          八二年八月三十一日

-xxx-



Dear mommy & uncle,

   When you receive this letter, I believe it is already mid-autumn festival. Uncle, have you started eating moon cake yet? Whenever I tell my friends our record of eating moon cake, they will laugh! I really miss you all much during these holidays, & I hope that mommy takes everything easy. Please don't be overwhelmed & don't worry too much. Take good care, since health is the most important. Indeed, uncle & I love you very much. Also, I am really doing fine, don't worry about me!

   I am quite busy recently. I even need to attend classes during Monday to Friday from 7-10:30pm. One special thing is that I will participate in a drama next month. It's called "The 13th sister". I will portray as a cunning princess & will work with Wong Kun Sha (the 13th sister). I am very happy, since TVB gives me this opportunity. I heard that if I have good performance, I will have chance to work for "The Legend of Condor Hero". Therefore, it is a valuable chance for me, I hope that I can try my best.

   Enclosed are my recent pictures. How's my ancient appearance? I took these pictures as gifts to my fans, indeed, some of my fans are from China! I will send more pictures to you when I take pictures as princess next time. Many magazines take pictures for me, & I write ten essays for XXX.  However, my relationship with X newspaper is not that good, so it seldom mentions my news. Nevertheless, everything is fine, & hope that it gets even smoother later. So don't worry about me.

    Mommy asked if I can take vacation to come back to UK. I think I need to wait until next year during summer. Thus, if mommy wants to come to HK, go ahead. If not, I need to wait until next year to visit you. I really miss you all! However, I just start my life here, so it's hard for me to put things aside. Hope that you can understand me, mommy & uncle, take good care!
    Wish you happy!
Love, Lui Lui
( Remark: No date associated)

 每逄佳節倍思親~無發信日期 Missing parents much during holiday
親愛的媽咪、舅舅:
相信收到這封信的時候,已是中秋佳節,舅舅有無開始吃月餅呢?我常告訴朋友我們食月餅的紀錄,真是聞者皆笑!現在正是『每逢佳節倍思親』,希望媽咪凡事看開些,不要掛心和思勞,多多保重自己身子為要,我和舅舅都錫你的,我真是一切安好,請勿掛念啊!
近日工作比較忙,晚上一至五、七時半還要去上堂呢!現有一事得為之一提就是下月尾便有一劇演出,名為『十三妹三打能仁寺』,我在劇中演一位刁蠻玉格格郡主和黃杏秀(飾十三妹)對戲,心非常之開心,起碼公司給予我一個機會,聞如演得好,可有機會做『射鵰』,故這次對我來可算是機會;但願我能勝任。
現寄上些近照,我的民初裝似我嗎?是影來派給影迷的,有些影迷還是大陸人呢!遲些影郡主造形時再寄給你們,很多雜誌都有我的照相,我還替XXX寫十篇稿分十期出呢!我和X報不大和,故它很少提及我,一切看來不錯,望一切順利和得天厚待,也希望你們放心。
媽咪問及能否放假回英,相信要到明年暑假才有機會了,所以媽咪若要來便回來一行,若不,我要到明年才能回去看你們,很想念你們啊!可是這一切剛開始,是很難放下的,望能體諒,媽咪、舅舅,多保重,祝快樂!
囡囡上
(編者按:此信沒有發信日期)

-xxx-


Dear Mommy & Uncle,

 Life is really out of one's control, & it's hard for me to believe everything happened so far. I can only say that luck makes everything easier & smoother -- I have been assigned to be Wong Yung! I am very excited about it, & it's hard for me to believe this truth. Indeed, many people in the entertainment circle like me, & they say I deserve this role. However, there are people who are jealous about me too. Anyway, I know I am so blessed to have this opportunity since I am pretty new & I have been working for less than half a year only.  Indeed, my salary will be increased to HK$3500 in the new contract, & there is a $350 per shot bonus for more than 120 shots in a year. I knew I would have plenty of opportunities of getting the bonus after I join the drama team, but I never expected that my salary would increase within half a year. The contract will last for 5 years. At first, I just wanted to sign for 3 years. However, TVB said that they would have a 5 years plan for me, & that's why I signed it finally, Indeed, opportunity will only occur once, so right now all I worry is my own performance. Upon finishing "The 13th Sister", I will work for my part in "The Legend of Condor Hero", so I am really busy! In fact, I have to work overnight for "The 13th sister" already, so there's no need to imagine the situation when I work for LOCH! Anyway, I am very satisfied with what I have so far.

    My friend, Ah Sing, will bring a pair of earrings to mommy, two sweaters for uncle, & one of them is for father. Also, godmother has given you a set of sheets too. Please let me know when you all receive it, especially mommy's earrings, since I have promised you that I would buy it to you when I have money. Though I am not very rich yet, this is still my gift of love -- I know you must like them. Is it cold in UK now? It's getting cooler in HK. Please take good care! Also, it's almost year end, so you all must be very busy. Don't worry about me, I will take good care.

    By the way, if possible, please send me 6 childhood pictures as soon as possible (like from toddler to 10), as a magazine wants to interview me & needs my childhood pictures. Of course they will return them to me afterward, so please send by express mail as it's urgent. Also, I think I will have more pictures in the magazines from now on (except MingPao), so it's hard for me to send all of them to you.  However, I think you can get them in the Chinatown. Alright, talk to you later.

Love, Lui Lui

-xxx-


note: The name Ah Mui in this letter is Sheila; the girlfriend of Barbara's uncle.

Dear Mommy & Uncle,

   Haven't written to you for awhile, cause I was really busy. Anyway, I got chance to rest recently because of my eye wound. Ah Mui was luckier than mommy, as I had time to accompany with her while she came here. Indeed, she bought much stuff, & I asked her to bring one drawing book, silk scarf & leather jacket for uncle (B-day). Also, I asked father to bring a pair of earrings to mommy, & I just bought a few things for mommy this time. However, when I go back to UK next time for vacation, I will definitely bring you a pearl ring to complete the set, sounds okay? Last two weeks, I went with Ah Mui to repay the Buddha at Wong Tai Sin, & we also visited a monk for fortune telling. It seemed that everything worked fine, & Ah Mui will tell you more details of what the monk said when she returns. If everything the monk said really comes true, that will be great! For the time being, I don't dare to say anything about it, so let's wait until it really happens & I will.......uncle, don't know if I should congratulate you, as that monk said you & Ah Mui were perfect match as a couple! Sigh; is it a blessing or a disaster to you? However, I do hope that you know how to handle this matter. Indeed, you two are so compatible in terms of your horoscopes, so what are you going to do? Hope that I can attend your wedding when I come back to UK. Anyway, it's really a dream coming true for Ah Mui, & the rest is your turn now. Please feel free to tell me your true feeling! Indeed, I am the only one who understand you most, so who else can you talk to beside me? Nevertheless, I sincerely wish that everything works great to you.

      LOCH is broadcasting, & I will appear from the 9th episode. Indeed, the production for first part of LOCH has been finished, & I am working on the 2nd & the 3rd parts of it. Expectedly, everything will be finished by the end of June, & I hope that everything is on their right tracks.  In fact, I have been worrying about my own performance. After all, the Wong Yung played by Michelle was very impressive, so people keep comparing her with me. Anyway, I am prepared for any criticism. HK people are very criticizing. Recently, XXX tries to attack my image behind my back by rumoring me that I am arrogant. She is really tightfisted, but I have no alternative. After all, I have tried my best, & no major improvement can be accomplished in one day. Anyway, there were people who invited me to take part in films, but I could not take the offer due to time conflict. Indeed, not everything is within my control, but I will be cautious. Don't worry about me.

    Mommy, uncle, please take good care of yourselves! Don't worry too much, I will fly back to visit you when I have vacations. In fact, when father came, I was busy. Thus, I could only have dim sum with him & I did not farewell him in the airport. I hope that he can forgive me. BTW, Ah Tong (Ken Tong) bought something for mommy, & he wanted to say hi to you all. Alright, take more rest!

 Miss you, Lui Lui

13th March, 1983

去還神又去看命相/被中傷遊子思親~83/03/13 參加舅父的婚禮,與舅父合照 Repaid the Buddha & visited a fortune teller

親愛的父親、媽咪、舅舅:

很久沒有寫信了,因工作實在忙,近日因眼傷才有機會歇一下,亞妹比媽咪好運些了,起碼我可以陪她到處玩,她買了很多東西,我托她帶了一本畫簿、絲巾和皮褸,全是舅舅的(生日禮物),至於媽咪的耳環已托父親帶予,所以今次只買少少東西給媽咪,待我回英渡假時再買你要的珠戒指給你配成一套,好嗎?

上兩星期我曾和亞妹去黃大仙還神,又去一個和尚處睇相,看來不俗,待亞妹回來時告知你們那和尚甚麼,要是真靈的話,那就一天都光晒,現在我都不敢多,要到一切如願時才發威,亞舅,不知該否要向你道賀,那和尚竟你和亞妹是夫妻相,唉,你真是不知是福是吉了,但願你心知該怎樣處理便好,你們的八字是配的,那你會怎辦呢?希望趁我回英時可以飲到你的喜酒,亞妹總算守得雲開見月明,現在一切看你的了,不妨向我明真相呀!正所謂不對我向誰會比我更清楚你!遙祝你一切如意。

射鵰》已播,我在第九集才出場,頭二十集《鐵血丹心》已拍完,現趕第二段《東邪西毒》和第三段《華山論劍》,相信要到六月尾才拍完,希望一切順利,自己一直在擔心自己的表現,因為米雪的「先入為主」,無疑人人會拿我來比。當然我已準備接受一切的批評,香港人是十分挑剔的,近日XXX竟在背後中傷我,我「未紅先驕」來破壞我的形象,她真少氣,可是我也無奈。無疑,我已盡力而為去做好,這表現實非一朝一夕能進步千里。有人找我拍電影,但因撞期而不能接,一切都是身不由己,但我會小心的,請不要掛念。

媽咪、舅舅,你們可要自己保重啊!不要太操心,一有假我便回來見你們,父親來時自己也忙,只能和他飲下茶,並沒有送機,望他見諒,亞湯亦買了東西給媽咪,他叫我代問候你們,好了,多休息啊!

掛念女兒 囡囡上
八三年三月十三日

-xxx-

Barbara with Felix Wong, Michael Miu and Patrick Tse



 Dear Mummy, Uncle:

Uncle's two letters had been received. Knowing home accident happened, make me upsetting. I worried about it but nothing can do for I'm so far away from you. I'm really sorry that Uncle undertook all troubles. Mum, I heard you didn't feeling well, wish you're getting better now, don't worry about what happened, just take care of yourself. I believe Heaven helps a good man, everything will be okay.

 Actually I worried about you so much, especially when I was disappointed for the work. Ah-Tong (Kent) helped me a lot, I consumed quite a number of soup, ginseng of him. Even I often take my anger out on him. He also encourages me when I have a bad mood sometimes. It's really not easy to find a friend in this arena. Ti Ko Chen ( he fights with me in the underwater in Condor Heroes I, he figured as Sa Tong-tin) is martial artist, a faithful man, he calls me Ah-may (younger sister), helps me a lot. He will stay around to protect me whenever have a fighting play. So I won't afraid of fighting scene any more. Tony Ching (martial art instructor) said I can stand hardships. He began to appreciate me much more. Kenneth Tsang figured as my daddy (in Part II), also gave me a lot of instruction. So there are good people in the arena altogether, but seems only men have such loft manner. To be frank, I'm lucky enough, maybe my popularity is not bad, someone also will help me. I don't know why I don't like Wong Yung instead, if you read the original novel you'll know it adapted a lot in TV play, for example, Yeung Hong should be more wick than Ah-Miu (Michael Miu) played, and I became quick-tempered, not cute at all. Although Wong Yung should be love and hate clearly, stingy and wicked, actually is hard to please audience, plus the script adapted a little exaggerated, the role will be more shrewish. It's really hard to do. I always think I won't take Wong Yung as my masterpiece, because I have other preference, I'm sure I'll have another role suit me more than Wong Yong, to be my masterpiece.

Shela finally left, with a lot of things take to you, like it? Is Uncle's fur fit? It's your birthday present, when is birthday of Daddy? (T-shirt Shela takes back can take as Daddy's birthday gift!) I forgot again, now I do not know the time, only knew whether to work is key thing. 

This week is better, I believe the play will be completed shooting up to the end of June, have you seen me! Everything is fine, don't miss me, and take care!

 Baby Daughter
(translated by Ben)


親愛的媽咪、舅舅:
舅舅的來信二封已收到,悉知家中出事甚煩,心也為之擔憂,畢竟知道身在遠方,未能盡責以付,全由舅舅勞力操心,真是過意不去,又聞母親身體不適,但願你現在無事便好了,發生了的事也不再要操心,好好保重身子為要,相信吉人天相,一切為之無羌
其實很掛念你們,尤其當做得不如意和煩燥的時候,亞湯算對我有很大幫助,湯水、花旗蔘也吃了他不少,還成為我出氣的對象,有時自己的心境壞,他都很鼓勵我,因為在這行要找一個朋友真不易,陳狄克(在射鵰和我在水底打,叫沙通天),樣子雖似武師,但為人很忠義,叫我亞妹,處處幫我,現在每當有打的時候,都在左右看護(因他是武師出身),所以心對武打一點驚都沒有,程小東我吃得苦,對我也另眼相看,曾江做我老豆(東邪西毒 PART2)也處處指點,故圈人也有好人的,但看來只有男仕們才有這種風度了,其實自己也算幸運了,可能人緣不錯,需要時也有人為我出氣,不知為什麼,我倒不太喜歡黃蓉一角,如看過「射鵰」原著便知改了很多,例如「楊康」應該比現在亞苗做的奸幾倍,而我卻變得動不動就發脾氣,一點也不可愛,雖然黃蓉該愛、恨極端,又小氣、又邪,其實很難討好,加上劇本改得誇張了便更覺潑辣,真難做,我總覺得自己不會把「射鵰」中「黃蓉」成為自己的代表作,因為已有所屬,相信日後我一定會有一套話劇比「黃蓉」更適合我,而成為自己的代表作。

Shela 終於走了,帶了很多東西給你們,喜歡嗎?舅舅的皮衣合身嗎?是你的生日禮物,老豆幾時生日?(Shela 帶來的T恤就當是老豆的生日禮物!)我又忘了,現在都不知時日,只知要唔要開工最緊要,這星期比較好些,相信要拍到六月才完,你有沒有看到我呀!一切很好,勿念,多保重。

囡囡 上
-xxx-


Dear Mummy, Uncle:

After reading your letter, my sorrow is hard to express, I only can say "helpless", that's the way life is, few people do not need to bow to the reality. We all are falling, getting up, again and again. Uncle, your kindness over the years all kept in my mind, never crossed out. I have been waiting for the opportunity to requite you. You've work so hard for our family, surely the Heaven will give a bright future, hope you'll get luck after hardship. Please do not make yourself looks so weary, okay?

It is so called "Good will be rewarded with good", here I send my best wish to you. I'm really happy for you've decided your good news (marriage). People always want a home, someone to cherish, to take care of, as partners... I hope your choice wisely and correctly enough to give you a bright and happy future, I believe Ah-may will love and take care of you, so it just depends on if you can appreciate it with all your heart.

Uncle, you really need sustenance, you can not live alone to suffer by day and night. I'm so useless; left you for the independence, only bring you worries. You love me so much to forgive me. I began to know all of your favors after so many years, hope one day I can give rewards to you to express my appreciation. Now I'm still in the arena, involuntarily, fortune is still around me, protect me, I should cherish it, because the opportunity did not come easy. Everything is OK, please do not worry about me, I will cherish myself, I only hope you can also take good care of yourself and live happily. I believe Uncle's good news will bring joy to our family, as his niece, it's really cheer me up. Did you remember? I have been longed to attend your wedding dinner so long, when will you invite me to go? Ah-gyun is believed to run for the dinner also, I'm so expecting, just can't wait for any longer.

Barbara and Felix Wong, LOCH 1983 filming


Uncle, I will go to Europe with show group, ten days trip, five nights will be on stage, one night in London! The group includes me, Felix Wong, Rebecca Pan, Leslie Cheung, Robert Mak, Lo Hoi Pang and Alice Lau. We will play in London, France, Holland, and return on July 4th. But I will stay with you, so If possible, please arrange the wedding dinner when I back to England. I will arrive in London on June 24th, after finish the performance in London on June 26th, in Holland June 28th and June 29th, In Belgium on June 30th, and Paris on July 3rd, I will return to Hong Kong by July 10th around. So you can see if I have chance to attend to your wedding dinner? If you like, come to watch my show! I will start to learn singing tomorrow. I know Mum don't like me to act on stage, but you know, everyone, especially famous artists in such environment should be promote themselves on stage at the time when they are welcomed very much. So I have to follow the way to strive for both fame and benefit, maybe in such way I can be remembered by the fans. And my show on stage is not only for money, but to prove my ability to sing! Many artists dare not sing, however, their famous too high to worry about no chance to be promoted. So I will go, not only the group all are acquaintances, but also where to go is Europe, I can take chance to visit you with free ticket. What a chance! Hope Mum do not blame me, I have my rule. Since I am an artist, I should devote my efforts on it. I can not stay in England too long for too much things need to deal with. Uncle Tin-Lam told that he want me to join SHAW'S Brother for a new movie after finish The Legend of Condor Heroes. So I have no much free time. the PART II will start in two weeks, at that time, we can meet each other again, really hope my next drama is fashion series .

Ok, what would you like to buy? Tell me, and please send back my passport. The store should close on Uncle's wedding, then, we will have time to walk around somewhere. Here I deeply wish you. Mummy please don't worry about , take care of yourself, no need to hard work anymore. I will be twenty four years old in several days, oh, it's hard to believe! No, Wong Yung (the heroine of the Legend of Condor Hero 1982) only sixteen years old, do I like her?

Your Baby Daughter
1983

 親愛的媽咪、舅舅:

看了你的來信,心有不出的辛酸,一切只能"無奈",人生就是這樣的,有幾何不用向現實低頭呢?我們都是不停地在跌倒、爬起,舅舅,多年來的恩惠緊牢於懷,從未曾抹煞過,唯待有機會一報親恩,你為我們的家也苦了,有眼的蒼天定給予美好的將來,希望你該是「苦盡甘來」,請不要再有那蒼桑感,好嗎?所謂善有善報,我衷心地遙祝你,至於你終於決定的喜訊,我實為你而快慰,人始終要有個家,有人去愛惜、照顧、為伴等等,但願你的決擇是明智和正確的,足而給予你一個美好和幸福的將來,相信亞妹會疼愛和照顧到你的,事在你能否用全心全意去領情了?

舅,你實在需要一個寄託了,總不能單人隻影去日捱夜捱,我無用,棄你們而自立,只帶給你們掛心和憂慮,讓這千斤放在你們的肩上,原諒我是因為你們愛的偉大,人大了就開始明白一切的因素和理因,兆恩兆德,望有報之日聊表寸心,現在我仍人在江湖、身不由己,幸運之神仍在左右佑,我該好好珍惜現在,因為機會來得不易,一切安好,請不用為我操心,我會惜身的,只望你們亦能好好保重和能開開心心,相信舅舅此次的喜訊會帶來我家一份喜悅,我這外甥女更為之一振,記得嗎?我恨飲恨到發燒的,不知你們將何時請飲呢?相信亞娟聽到也會趕去飲的,我真望不及待了。

舅舅,六月二十三日我會隨團去歐洲登台,行程十日,登台五夜,有一場還會在倫敦呢!這團有我、黃日華、潘迪華、張國榮、麥德羅、盧海鵬和劉雅麗。地點在倫敦、法國、荷蘭、比利時,七月四日回程,但我會留下陪你們,所以希望如可能的話,能在我回英時擺酒,我將會六月二十四日到倫敦,6/26一場在倫敦、6/286/29在荷蘭、6/30在比利時、7/3在巴黎,大約七月十日回港,你看看我有沒有機會飲你的了?不如你們也來看我的表演呀?明天開始我便去學唱歌,我知媽咪不喜歡我登台,但做這行,哪位出名的藝員會不趁紅去登台呢?名與利都是要去爭取的,總不能被遺忘,登台不只是為錢,而是表示自己還可以唱呢!很多藝人都不會唱,只不過他們的知名度高而已也不愁沒人叫登台,所以我一定會去,何妨這團的人我都識,而且還是去歐洲,我可趁時回去見你們,連機票也慳番,所以希望媽咪不要亂怪,我凡事有分寸的,既然入了這行,便該在這行有多方面的發展,我不能逗留英太久,因為這邊有很多事要做,天林叔做完「射鵰」,他想叫我去做紹氏一部新戲,所以很難行得開,東邪西毒兩星期後便做了,你們又可見到我了,真希望我下部戲是時裝便好。

好了,你們有什麼要買的,可告訴我,請盡快把我的PASSPORT寄回來,舅舅結婚時,鋪頭也該休息,那大家便有時間在一起四處行下,我在此深深預祝你們,媽咪凡事要看開,保重自己身體,不該再操勞和煩心了,在過幾天自己也二十四了,真難接受!不,黃蓉只有十六,我似嗎???

女兒 囡囡 83.3
-xxx

No comments: