Friday 22 July 2016

More photos of Michael Miu as Huang Yaoshi

Michael Miu has uploaded more photos of him as the East Heretic in his weibo. Rather than putting them in the older post, I'd put them here instead. I will also make an MV of him as Huang Yaoshi, if not this weekend, then next weekend (a very tiring week this week...), so watch this blog please...



The above is my favourite due to the saying. The right bottom corner says, "Travel somewhere new each year, and you just might find yourself along the way". On the left upper corner is Huang Yaoshi's name written in the traditional Chinese characters 黃藥師 (love it! I much prefer traditional than simplified characters due to the former's deeper meanings). Michael also wrote "If not now, when?". I think these simple sayings are very profound, it shows how much he was willing to explore by taking the role of the iconic Huang Yaoshi.

(or perhaps because he is already 58 years old now, he was concerned that he would not get the chance again in the future. Or both.)



Speaking of icon, Michael seems to acknowledge that the older version of LOCH 1983 is the best (at least for him). He posted this sentence along with these photos:

經典雖不能超越...但可重現【射雕英雄传】

I think, roughly translated, it means:

"Although we cannot surpass the classics, we can at least try to reproduce it (Legend of Condor Heroes)"

I think "the classics" referred to the 1983 LOCH. It seems he thinks that he and the LOCH 2017 team would never be able to surpass the classical grandeur of LOCH 1983. However, trying to replicate it is still okay...

Well dear Michael, I believe in you. I can also understand you, to me, Kenneth Tsang's Wong Yeuk Si (Huang Yaoshi) is truly memorable. But I believe that you can give me another memorable East Heretic. Just stay true, just be you...


Also my favourite...

Gotta love this too, my most favourite for this lot, though he was pensive here...

With Western Poison Ouyang Feng (Zhang Yonggang, to his right)
and Northern Beggar Hong Qigong (Zhao Lixin, to his left)
The dock at the Peach Blossom (Tao Hua) Island




Last week I think, I told Wina how I admired (still do) the basic kungfu of the 1980s TVB actors and actresses. Even such simple hand gestures like the last two photos with the green screens looked strong and solid when performed by veterans like Michael. 

Oh TVB oldies, how I miss thee...







No comments: