Sunday 26 June 2016

“Bitter Enemies” - Wong Yung vs Yeung Hong LOCH 1983


"Bitter Enemies" - Wong Yung vs Yeung Hong LOCH 1983 from Icha74 on Vimeo.

A few months ago, I watched the Legend of Condor Heroes 1983 with trepidation. I love the pairing of Michael Miu and Barbara Yung, but I always watched their series where they were romantic couples. LOCH 1983 was a different story, because Michael played Yang Kang/Yeung Hong, the mortal enemy of Barbara's Huang Rong/Wong Yung. However, I recently learned that indeed during the making of LOCH 1983 that Barbara and Michael became friends, hence I now see LOCH 1983 as an important series that cemented their friendship for life. With this understanding, I have no qualm to make a movie about the mortal enmity between their LOCH characters. 

Laced with the rock beat of Line Walker's "Walker" (行者) by Justin Lo and Wilfred Lau, this MV features the mortal enmities between Wong Yung and Yeung Hong. As a classic, LOCH 1983 is always in the hearts of the 80s wuxia lovers. However, it was difficult for me to find a dedicated WY vs YH music video, hence this offering. Hope you like it. Traditional characters, Yale (I think) romanisation, and English and Indonesian translations are below the break.

Oh, and this MV is full of classical 1980s fighting skills. New wuxia lovers, watch this. This is how the fighting scenes in wuxia series should have been made! Click this category to check my other action-based MVs. For ballad/romance lovers who prefer to see Michael and Barbara romantic pairing, what about this latest CLH 1984 MV instead?


“Bitter Enemies” - Wong Yung vs Yeung Hong LOCH... by icha74



Walker (行者) 


by Justin Lo and Wilfred Lau 
from TVB series Line Walker 2014

Yale romanisation and traditional characters: United Lyrics
English: Idle Mind Seh Seh

*
邪或正亦由我 仇或怨亦捱得過
Che waak jing yik yau ngoh sau waak yuen yik ngaai dak gwoh
Evil or righteous, let me be. Hatred or resentment, I’ll survive

人在世可以如何 天都迫我 怕什麼
Yan joi sai hoh yi yue hoh tin do bik ngoh pa sam moh
No way to live in this world. Even the heaven is forcing me - what do I fear?

留下我是誰錯 誰讓我煉成凶悍
Lau ha ngoh si sui choh sui yeung ngoh lin sing hung hon
I’m being abandoned, whose fault is it,who made me become aggressive

成就了可以做王 不理後果
Sing jau liu hoh yi jo wong bat lei hau gwoh
Regardless of the consequences, as long as I succeed, I’ll be the king

能抬頭迎面破浪
Nang toi tau ying min poh long
I’ll face the incoming waves with my head held high


Main: 

明明能避免說謊 明明能避免凶惡
Ming ming nang bei min suet fong ming ming nang bei min hung ok
I could’ve avoid lying, I could’ve avoid violence

明明能極放心灑脫磊落
Ming ming nang gik fong sam sa tuet lui lok
I could’ve be happy, carefree, open minded

而淪為沒法見光 而淪為長期藏躲
Yi lun wai moot faat gin gwong yi lun wai cheung kei chong doh
But I descended into unable to wander freely, I descended into long term hiding

心聲都不知對哪講
Sam sing do bat ji dui na gong
Who can I share my feelings with?


全為追蹤一個神秘結果
Chuen wai jui jung yat goh san bei git gwoh
All these in order to pursue a mysterious ending


Reff:
**
無路上亦前往 沉住氣埋頭苦幹
Mo lo seung yik chin wong cham jue hei maai tau foo gon
Even though there’s no path ahead, I need to move forward

無論有幾尺嚴寒 都不可以 看下方
Mo lun yau gei chek yim hon do bat hoh yi hon ha fong
Swallowed my pride and silently do my job

從沒有懷疑過 從沒有路留給我
Chung moot yau waai yi gwoh chung moot yau lo lau kap ngoh
Can’t look back despite the difficulties. I never doubted, I was never given a choice

難道你冠冕堂皇 一句就夠 犧牲我麼
Naan do nei goon min tong wong yat gui jau gau hei sang ngoh moh
For the sake of your grand agenda, I’m being sacrificed?

Repeat *

Repeat **

Repeat *


Indonesian (by me):

Sang Pejalan

oleh Justin Lo dan Wilfred Lau
Line Walker 2014

*
Buruk atau baik, biarkan saja aku. Benci atau dendam, aku tetap bertahan
Tidak bisa hidup di dunia ini. Bahkan Langit pun memaksaku – apa yang kutakutkan?
Aku dicampakkan begitu saja, ini salah siapa, siapa membuatku jadi agresif?
Apapun akibatnya, selama aku sukses, aku akan jadi raja
Akan kuhadapi gelombang datang dengan berdiri tegak

Aku bisa saja tidak berbohong, bisa saja kuhindari kekerasan
Aku bisa bahagia, bebas dan berpikiran terbuka
Tapi aku jadi tidak bisa berkelana secara bebas, aku jadi sembunyi-sembunyi
Kepada siapa aku bisa mengadu?
Semua ini hanya untuk mengejar akhir yang tidak jelas

Reff:
**
Walau tidak ada jalan di depan, aku tetap harus maju
Kutelan harga diriku dan diam-diam kujalankan tugasku
Tidak bisa berbalik walau jalanku susah. Aku tak pernah bertanya-tanya, tidak pernah diberikan pilihan
Demi agendamu, lalu aku dikorbankan?

Repeat *

Repeat **


Repeat *


2 comments:

mwlee said...

Thank you very much for this, Icha :)

MM looked so young in this role. Hmm, odd. As he seemed more mature just a short time later in the other roles.

His character here has many layers - his love for his mother (kept him sort of good), his feelings for his love & wife (played by Sharon Yeong, who looked great in this role), his insecurity and hence, his schemes to get more power ... But his love for his wife was so touching. A tragic ending for both of them.

I felt in some ways, the love between the characters played BY and Felix Wong was not as "heart-stirring" as the love between the characters played by MM and Sharon Yeong - my apologies to others who may disagree strongly. Could be I am a fan of Sharon Yeong's too.

But when it comes to pairing, I am always for BY with MM. No other pairs come close, again just my own opinion :)

Many thanks, Icha!

Icha said...

Thank you, Lee (how do I call you, Lee, or MW?).

Yes, Michael indeed looked very young here, befitting the brat Prince Yeung Hong... and true that he looked much more mature in The Foundation (just shot a few months later) and definitely in Chor Lau-heung (his Chor taihap is still my favourite Chor Lau-heung...).

I do agree that MM and Sharon Yeung's pairing here has more chemistry than BY-Felix, which looked more like friends IMO... but yes, each to their own.

thanks again for visiting!