Thursday 8 October 2015

Chor Lau Heung 1984 opening and closing themes

I tried to find the translation of CLH'84 opening and closing themes but failed, so I asked my Chinese Malaysian friend to translate it for me. Sompong from the YT video below provided me with the script of the opening theme and Min Chi translated it for me; hence my gratitude for both of them. I obtained the closing theme script from Musixmatch and Min Chi translated it again for me (thanks again!). I love both songs. I really dig the opening theme for it truly captured who Chor tai-gor was, while the closing theme reminds me of CLH/SSC relationship.

Edit 15 April 2016: Click this for the third OST of CLH 1984 and this for the MV I made from the OST!





Opening theme

笑踏河山 (Exploring rivers and mountains with a smile)

Performed by Roman Tam


随 缘 披发 独 行       Started my lone-ranger’s journey with an open heart
未 尝 镜染尘                          although I have not experiencing life completely
淡 然 看世 事 似浮云          I take the world lightly, because it is like a drifting cloud,
随 风 去无痕       come and go quickly, leaving no marks

何 妨 花气袭 人                     why should someone care about fame?
愿 凭 天指引                          just follow God’s direction/ God’s will
任 由 过去事再莫寻          do not tangle/ wander with the past, let it be
留 情 意不惹恨                    cultivate love, do not provoke hatred

对 酒 狂歌一剑 独 往   celebrate aloneness with wine, song and sword brandishing
何 愁 露寒侵鬓                      do not worry and do not take it too seriously
人 生 百感轻 舟 掠 过           life journey is full of changes that keep appearing and skitter away from your heart

万 里 白雪洗我心                 I confront these difficulties by enjoying the sceneries on my journey
啊 …… 啊 …… 啊 ……   ah ah ah…..

踏 河 山轻 带 笑 我独行    I confront the difficulties with smile, although I am alone
如 逝 水若行云      It is so relax and easy

何 妨 花 气 袭 人                     why should someone care about fame?
愿 凭 天 指 引                          just follow God’s direction/ God’s will
任 由 过 去 事 再 莫 寻          do not tangle/ wander with the past, let it be
留 情 意 不 惹 恨                     cultivate love, do not provoke hatred

对 酒 狂 歌 一 剑 独 往   celebrate aloneness with wine, song and sword brandishing
何 愁 露 寒 侵 鬓                     do not worry and do not take it too seriously
人 生 百 感 轻 舟 掠 过           life journey is full of changes that keep appearing and skitter away from your heart

万 里 白 雪 洗 我 心                 I confront these difficulties by enjoying the sceneries on my journey
啊 …… 啊 …… 啊 ……   ah ah ah…..

踏 河 山 轻 带 笑 我 独 行    I confront the difficulties with smile, although I am alone


如 逝 水 若 行 云      It is so relax and easy



Closing theme




"劍胆柔情" (Gentle Valour, Swords Emotion, aka Sword Tenderness)

Performed by Liza Wang and Roman Tam

问世上豪杰                        What make a hero?
万里关山匹马闯                    He escaladed thousand miles of mountain
历多少沧桑                        Confronted vicissitudes of life
仗剑卫道 一生肝胆照               fought for justice, be sincere in brotherhood  
傲然去走远方                      and lead a wandering life proudly

问世上情义                        What is a true relationship/ love
易变相思转眼间                    it is impermanent, it makes you yearning
几多欢笑成怅望                    All happiness had over,
世事生死有定                      Life and death are predestined

也莫悲伤情义长心里藏              Do not be sad, let it be the best memory in your heart
望眼将穿                          observe 
身经几多风与浪                    For all difficulties that I have been through in life
独怕爱恨难割断                    the hardest is to be apart
人在四方流浪                      as a ranger that exploring the world
情深偏觉最难忘                    love is the most I miss
世上情何主处是岸                  where is the border for this wandering life (where is the shore of love)     


啊。。。。。                      repeat


No comments: